Friday, January 11, 2013

"I Love Lucy Live On Stage"

I LOVE LUCY! 

 I do. Always have. Always will. My favorite television episodes are probably the ones where they are traveling through Europe. Something about those teeny hotel rooms and the lack of airplanes and in-room telephones just tickles me inside. In fact, there isn't a week that goes by that I don't watch at least 1 episode on MeTV around 3 am (I have recurring insomnia. Fun Times!).

If you Love Lucy too, AND if you live in the Chicagoland area, I highly recommend checking out the "I Love Lucy, Live on Stage" production at the Broadway Playhouse at the Water Tower Place in Chicago.

The actors were Spot.On. (Lucy and Fred especially made me smile with their perfection of the television characters.)

 The sets felt as though we were actually watching a live television performance and experiencing all the surprises for the first time (even though I already knew the two programs that they performed; I TOLD you I was a Real Fan!).
 And the commercials in between were authentic. My mom leaned over during the Chevrolet commercial and said "I remember that one! They ran it for YEARS!"

I swear to you that by the end of the play, I was almost convinced that these actors were the REAL Lucy and Ricky and Fred and Ethel from the 1950's.

Loved. It.

Tickets are available and the show runs through March 2013! Don't miss your chance to see this award winning show!!!

  *Photos used with permission from the Broadway Playhouse.

1 comment: