Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Lights and Sounds toddler bike review

The Lights and Sounds Racer by Radio Flyer is an adorable bike for the toddler or preschooler in your life. It's priced at about $40 and offers an easily adjustable seat, comfortable pedals and handlebars and some of the best songs and sounds my daughter's heard. Sadly for her, this little bike is destined to be used by her little cousin as Corinne is almost 6 years old (48 inches tall) and a touch too tall for this bike.* I do hope my nephew loves it as much as she does, though!

One negative for me was the assembly, but I've had similar problems with toddler bikes of this type. I am a word/picture girl and the directions seem to only come in less-than-understandable picture-form. That could be just me, but be sure to allow plenty of assembly time BEFORE you hand this present to a 2 or 3 year old because they are NOT going to want to wait the hour that it takes you to pound those wheel caps on and screw the dozens of screws in. That said, it's pretty darn sturdy, now that it's all put together!

My opinion is that this is a good purchase for the price and totally appropriate for a 2-5 year old. I picture many Radio Flyers under the Christmas trees this year!

1 comment:

  1. Nice review. Now I need to grow a grandchild to give one of these things to.

    ReplyDelete